General Cherry Blossom Questions
What are the Dates for 2021?
Friday March 19 thru Sunday March 28, 2021
How many cherry trees are in Macon?
There are 300,000 – 350,000 Yoshino Cherry Trees in Macon, Georgia, which gives us the Congressional Record of the Cherry Blossom Capital of the world.
When do the Trees Bloom?
As with all things Mother Nature, she is difficult to predict. Mr. Fickling has provided a guide for when to expect the blooms:
- If we have a moderate winter followed by a moderate spring, then they will peak around the 23rd, and this is the most common weather pattern for Macon over my lifetime.
- If winter is cold followed by a cold spring, we can expect a late bloom.
- If the winter is cold, followed by a warm spring, then we expect an early bloom.
- If winter is mild followed by a cold spring then we can expect a late bloom.
- If the winter is mild followed by a mild spring, then we can expect an irregular/late bloom as we saw this past year.
Can I Purchase a Yoshino Cherry Tree?
YES! Yoshino Cherry Trees will be sold for $15 at Carolyn Crayton Park in the Round Building daily during the Festival. For more information, contact Keep Macon-Bibb Beautiful at (478) 330-7054.
Where is the Cherry Blossom Gift Shop?
The Cherry Blossom gift shop is at Carolyn Crayton Park Round Building, located at 115 Willie Smokie Glover Rd, Macon, GA 31201.
Can I purchase a Collectible Pin?
You can purchase a pin from the Gift Shop at Carolyn Crayton Park during the Festival or from select Robins Financial Credit Union locations. For other locations to purchase the pin, please Click Here. We also have previous years’ pins available for sale in our gift shop.
Carolyn Crayton Park (formerly Central City Park)
Where are the Entrances for Carolyn Crayton Park?
Two convenient locations:
- Round Building Entrance
- Willie Smokie Glover Road Entrance
Where can I park?
When visiting Carolyn Crayton Park, there are 2 free parking lots within Carolyn Crayton Park – and they are available on a first-come – first serve, limited basis:
- United Building parking lot and Luther Williams Field parking lot
- We also provide 3 Free Park & Walk locations near Carolyn Crayton Park
- Two parking lots are located along Walnut Street
- One parking lot is located along 7th Street. Please look for directional signage and pink flags noting our Free Park & Walk locations.
- We also offer overflow parking at an additional Free Park & Walk location on New Street and Riverside Drive (843 Riverside Drive, Macon, GA 31210).
Handicap parking is located inside Carolyn Crayton Park. Please enter the Festival at Willie Smokie Glover Drive and turn into the United Building parking lot on your right. You will see signs designated for handicap parking spaces.
What about Food & Drink?
We will have fantastic vendors selling beverages, snacks and food.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed in Carolyn Crayton Park
- Coolers are also prohibited from the Park
- Concessions are sold within the Park
Can I Bring my Pet?
We apologize, but dogs and other pets are not allowed at Carolyn Crayton Park or Tunes and Balloons. Service animals are allowed.