March 17-26, 2023
There are 300,000 – 350,000 Yoshino Cherry Trees in Macon, Georgia, which gives us the Congressional Record of the Cherry Blossom Capital of the world.
As with all things Mother Nature, she is difficult to predict. Mr. Fickling has provided a guide for when to expect the blooms:
- If we have a moderate winter followed by a moderate spring, then they will peak around the 23rd, and this is the most common weather pattern for Macon over my lifetime.
- If winter is cold followed by a cold spring, we can expect a late bloom.
- If the winter is cold, followed by a warm spring, then we expect an early bloom.
- If winter is mild followed by a cold spring then we can expect a late bloom.
- If the winter is mild followed by a mild spring, then we can expect an irregular/late bloom as we saw this past year.
YES! Yoshino Cherry Trees will be sold at Carolyn Crayton Park in the Round Building daily during the Cherry Blossom Festival. For more information, contact Keep Macon-Bibb Beautiful at (478) 330-7054.
The Cherry Blossom gift shop is at Carolyn Crayton Park Round Building, located at 115 Willie Smokie Glover Drive, Macon, GA 31201.
You can purchase a pin online, at select Robins Financial Credit Union locations, at the Gift Shop in Carolyn Crayton Park during the Cherry Blossom Festival and various locations throughout Macon. We also have previous years’ pins available for sale online and at the Gift Shop.
Carolyn Crayton Park
Monday – Friday: Noon-10pm
No Admission or Re-admission 30 Minutes Prior to Closing
Sunday – Thursday: $5
Friday and Saturday: $10
There are no presale tickets for admission
Nightly Concerts are FREE with gate admission into Carolyn Crayton Park. There are no presale tickets.
All guests are allowed to carry a clear bag. Clear bags do not include tinted plastic, printed pattern plastic, or mesh bags
- Medical Bags – If you are a guest visiting CCP and need to carry a bag required for medical supplies or devices, the bag will be permitted. The medical supplies/devices bag will be searched and tagged by security at the admission gates. The tag must remain on the bag while in the park.
- Diaper Bags – Parents and guardians with a baby or toddler present at admissions will be permitted to enter with a diaper bag. The diaper bag will be searched and tagged by security at the admission gates. The tag must remain on the bag while in the park.
If you arrive to CCP without a clear bag, you will be asked to return the bag to your car. Any bags left outside the gates within our footprint will be disposed of for security reasons. Also for security purposes, you are subject to search at any time.
Two convenient locations:
- Round Building Entrance
- Willie Smokie Glover Road Entrance
There is NO re-entry into the park once you have left.
Yes! The Festival provides a good time for the whole family. Children 15 & under MUST be Chaperoned by an Adult 21+ (Subject to ID Check)
When visiting Carolyn Crayton Park, there are 2 free parking lots within Carolyn Crayton Park – and they are available on a first-come – first serve, limited basis:
- United Building parking lot and Luther Williams Field parking lot
- We also provide 3 Free Park & Walk locations near Carolyn Crayton Park
- Two parking lots are located along Walnut Street
- One parking lot is located along 7th Street. Please look for directional signage and pink flags noting our Free Park & Walk locations.
- We also offer overflow parking at an additional Free Park & Walk location on New Street and Riverside Drive (843 Riverside Drive, Macon, GA 31210).
Handicap parking is located inside Carolyn Crayton Park. Please enter the Festival at Willie Smokie Glover Drive and turn into the United Building parking lot on your right. You will see signs designated for handicap parking spaces.
We will have fantastic vendors selling beverages, snacks and food.
- Outside food and drinks are NOT allowed in Carolyn Crayton Park
- Coolers are also prohibited from the Park
- Concessions are sold within the Park
Dogs and other pets are NOT allowed at Carolyn Crayton Park or Tunes and Balloons.
- No Offensive Clothing
- No Ski Masks
No drones or flying devices of any kind are permitted.