Miss Cherry Blossom Macon Pageant
4760 Forsyth Road
Macon, GA 31210 United States
Miss Cherry Blossom Macon is now an official preliminary for the Miss Georgia Pageant. The winner of this local franchise pageant will go on to compete in the Miss Georgia Competition in June. This is an open pageant.
****This is a Miss pageant only. We will not be having a teen competition.*****
Our 2019 Miss Cherry Blossom Macon Pageant will be held on Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 7 pm at Wesleyan College. One winner and 2 princesses (1st and 2nd runner up) will be selected at the pageant. Only the winner will compete in the Miss Georgia pageant. Miss Cherry Blossom Macon will serve as a enthusiastic ambassador for the Cherry Blossom Festival and the city of Macon-Bibb, appearing at local and regional events throughout the year. The 1st and 2nd runner up will attend various events alongside Miss Cherry Blossom Macon and act as her court during her time in this position. Miss Cherry Blossom Macon will also continue on to compete in the Miss Georgia pageant in June.
Tickets will be sold at the door and online for $10.00 each. Children 10 and under are free. To purchase tickets to attend the Miss Cherry Blossom Macon Pageant online click “Purchase Tickets” below.Purchase Tickets
The winner and 1st and 2nd runner up will be rewarded the following:
Miss Cherry Blossom Macon:
• $500 to the school of her choosing donated by the Cherry Blossom Festival
• $16,000 in kind scholarship each year for four years to Wesleyan College
• Will compete in the 2019 Miss Georgia pageant
1st Runner up:
• $15,000 in kind scholarship each year for four years to Wesleyan College
2nd Runner up:
• $14,000 in kind scholarship each year for four years to Wesleyan College
*Winners must meet admission requirements.
*Scholarship can only be used to attend Wesleyan College
*Scholarship is not paid to the recipient.
This years pageant competition will be judged on…
• Evening gown
• On stage question
• Interview with the judges
Eligibility for Competition:
• A single female between the ages of 17-25
• A high school graduate before June 1, 2019
• Not less than 17 years of age on the date of the local pageant nor more than 25 years of age before December 31, 2019
• A permanent resident for at least six months, or a full-time student for at least one semester, or a full-time employee for at least six months in the State of Georgia
• Must be able to meet the time commitments and job responsibilities of Miss Cherry Blossom Macon
Optional orientation: Thursday, November 8, 2018, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
MANDATORY REHEARSAL: Friday, November 16, 2018 from 7:00 pm- 9:00pm.
Interviews will be held on Saturday morning prior to the start of the pageant that evening at 7:00pm.
To apply, fill out the application form below. You also must prepare your platform essay, and resume which have to be received before the pageant application deadline of October 31, 2018. You may download all forms, examples and directions by clicking on the links below.Application Form Platform Instructions and Example Resume Instructions and Example
Once completed, please email your platform essay and resume to Sharkins@cherryblossom.com.
****For more detailed information please click on the application form above****
The deadline to complete your application is Monday, November 5, 2018.
For more information contact Sarah Harkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cantrell Center for Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, Wesleyan College
Karats and Keepsakes, Pink Flamingo, Amanda Jane on Forsyth, The Casserole Shop & Bakery, Kroger, Cortes
WMGT, Cumulus, The Creek, The Telegraph