MACON, Oct 1 – The International Festival and Events Association (IFEA) honored the Cherry Blossom Festival with 12 prestigious Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards at the 59th Annual Convention and Expo taking place September 29 – October 1, 2014. The professional competition draws entries from among the world’s top festivals and events. Winning entries came from organizations as diverse as the North Sea Jazz Festival in the Netherlands to the World Gourmet Summit in Singapore. The International Cherry Blossom Festival won 12 awards in the following categories:
- Gold for Best Event Website: CherryBlossom.com
- Gold for Best New Event: Beers, Brats and Brushstrokes
- Silver for Best Organizational Website: CherryBlossom.com
- Silver for Best Miscellaneous Clothing
- Silver for Best Community Outreach Program
- Silver for Best Event within an Event to Benefit a Cause: Pink, White, & Blue Military Ball benefitting Warriors to Work of the Wounded Warriors Project
- Silver for Best Money-Making Idea: Steeple Chase and Blossoms Tour
- Silver for Best Vendor/Supplier: Drew Exposition Amusement Rides
- Silver for Most Creative/Effective News Stunt: 96 Year Old Rides Oscar the Camel
- Bronze for Best Emergency Preparedness & Risk Management Plan for an Event
- Bronze for Best Food & Beverage Program: Food Truck Frenzy
- Bronze for Best Overall Merchandising Program
“We would like to congratulate all of our Pinnacle winners for their outstanding entries into this year’s competition,” said IFEA President & CEO, Steven Wood Schmader, CFEE.
The IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards Competition recognizes the outstanding accomplishments and top quality creative, promotional, operational and community outreach programs and materials produced by festivals and events around the world. Striving for the highest degree of excellence in festival and event promotions and operations in every budget level and every corner of the globe, this competition has not only raised the standards and quality of the festivals and events industry to new levels, but also shows how event producers can use innovation and creativity to achieve a higher level of success.
View a full list of awards presented to the organization